Friday, May 27, 2011

Wetmarket at Lebuh McNair (Chit Tiau Lor Wetmarket)

Warning! Sorry, this is a NON-HALAL post!

On the table at one of the stalls at the wetmarket

This time, I am at the wetmarket near Lebuh McNair, the Seven Streets Precinct of George Town, Penang, or known to the local as "Chit Tiau Lor" in Hokkien. This wetmarket has two sides; one selling vegetables, raw meats and etc and the other side is selling food, like a food court. One thing is that some of the stalls in the market do not allow you to order drinks from other stalls, which in the end, you will see the notice on the table, NOT ALLOWED ICE-KACANG. Under the word NOT is...

Did you notice the word, NOW?

I went there at about 3PM or 4PM something and you will notice the market seems like just started its business.

One of the stalls selling mee

Selling fish

Illegal hawker which in the end got busted after I had my lunch

There is this one particular stall I would like to introduce, selling pork; BBQ pork, roasted pork, sausages and etc. Besides having the nice pork in the market, the lady boss wears so pretty that she is like a rich lady. She is friendly and joked with me taking photos of her stall. The pork there is really nice! This was the third time I bought from her.

May Yong Marketing

The lady boss in action

The boss is sleepy

My roasted pork!

I bought RM10 of roasted pork and RM5 of pork stick (bak tiau in Hokkien). Very delicious. If you go earlier, the pork stick is still hot and soft, nice!

Roasted Pork

Pork Stick

Yummy!

Try this!

Those were the side dishes. I had Kway Teow Soup or Kway Teow T'ng in Hokkien. But, I had mee mixed with kway teow. To be precise, it is a Duck Meat Kway Teow Soup. It has duck meat, pork ball, fish ball, dried duck blood and pig liver.

Duck Meat Kway Teow Soup

My friend had this Hokkien Mee

Besides this market is a Tua Pek Kong temple. As for now, the market is under renovation but the business is going as usual.

Statue of Tua Pek Kong

The food court

Under renovation

The location of the wetmarket

Name of the Food: Roasted Pork and Pork Stick
Location: Wetmarket near Lebuh McNair (Chit Tiau Lor Wetmarket in Hokkien)
GPS Coordinate: N05° 24.402' E100° 19.732'
Price: RM10 for Roasted Pork and RM5 for Pork Stick (Price varies according to weight)

Name of the Food: Duck Meat Kway Teow Soup and Hokkien Mee
Location: Wetmarket near Lebuh McNair (Chit Tiau Lor Wetmarket in Hokkien)
GPS Coordinate: N05° 24.402' E100° 19.732'
Price: RM2.70 for Duck Meat Kway Teow Soup and RM2.60 for Hokkien Mee

If you like my post, please SHARE it and please click my Nuffnang ads too! Thanks!  
Please support: Dentyne - Refresh your confidence!
Remember to follow my blog (Right panel).

If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...