Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"I Live a Simple Life. Shop, shop and shop"

Warning! Sorry, this is a NON-HALAL post!

A nice bag

Sorry, my post isn't really related to the title, just that, I found it printed on a bag and it seems an interesting phrase. Alright! First supper when I was in Penang since 21 May 2011. The story began at Kimberly Street, Penang. A peaceful street in the midnight but filled with delicious food around.

Junction at the Kimberly Street at night

It is crowded during dinner time

Old shops along the street

I had "Kintan Mee" or regular mee soup. It consists of regular mee, egg, fish ball, fish cakes, pork and minced pork. The taste is OK but I ate one better than this at Sungai Nibong coffee shop when I was here in Penang for internship.

Kintan Mee

Kintan Mee stall

Another famous attraction at Kimberly Street is the Kimberly Street Soya Milk. Actually, it is a soya drink. They served Soya Milk, Soya Yogurt, Jelly Drink and Soya Fruits Yogurt. The one I had was the Soya Milk mixed with gula melaka. It is nice as it is not too sweet. The sweetness from gula melaka does not cover up the fragrant of the Soya Milk.

Menu attached on the tables

Soya Milk + gula melaka

Uncle Soya

One thing I realized was that during midnight, it is quite peaceful. Best thing is when you see the hawkers start to clean up their stalls. The stalls are actually a simple hut attached on the trishaw. Some of them are actually a small lorry used as the stall. It shows the simple life of hawker, riding on the trishaw dragging the stall, to the destination to start a small business until midnight. This is the life of a hawker, simple but tiring. The peaceful night at Kimberly Street made me realized life can be simple and humble.

Name of the Place: Roadside stalls at Kimberly Street, Penang
Price: Kintan Mee (RM3.50) and Soya Milk + gula melaka (RM1.20)
Location: Kimberly Street, Penang
GPS Coordinate: N/A
Rating: 3/5 for Kintan Mee and 4/5 for Soya Milk + gula melaka

If you like my post, please SHARE it and please click my Nuffnang ads too! Thanks!  
Please support: Dentyne - Refresh your confidence!
Remember to follow my blog.

If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wan eat those foods..

soonph said...

come and try. but there is a better one at sungai nibong. if i have chance to eat there, i will blog it here.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...