Friday, December 14, 2012

Xian Ding Wei @ Queensbay Mall, Penang

My friend told me I seldom post about Chinese food, besides the local Penang food. Well, last few days, I went to have lunch at Xian Ding Wei at Queensbay Mall, Penang. Before that, it was so lucky that I got back all my Xian Ding Wei photos because my handphone is having some problems, causing all the photos went missing. Luckily, I can recover them back. But, somehow, if you follow my blog, all photos are not taken with DSLR but just using Nokia 5800. I am too poor to get a fancy camera but I still like to blog. So, I am sorry for the poor pictures.

Xian Ding Wei
Xian Ding Wei
Xian Ding Wei is actually a restaurant serving Taiwan-type of cuisines. It is known as Taiwanese Tea Room and the name speaks it all. I went there a few times and I am quite happy and satisfy with the food quality and taste. The unique part about Xian Ding Wei is that, Chinese people like hot food, meaning, the food is preferred to be hot or warm while served. So, they include a small "fire" under your dish to keep your food all the times.

The "fire"
The "fire"
That's the "fire" I mean because I cannot call it "stove" because it is way too small to be called stove. So, from the time the dish being served until the last drop of the sauce, it remains warm. I had this Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce.

Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce Set
Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce Set

Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce
Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce
The set comes with 3 side dishes, a bowl of soup and a bowl of white rice. For the rice, you can choose either white rice or braised pork rice at additional of RM1. The side dishes vary daily.

Soup
Soup

Side dishes
Side dishes

For the soup, there is a lot of ingredients inside such as red dates, pork and some sorts of herbs. Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce is my all-time favorite at Xian Ding Wei because it is really nice.

Hot Pot Set
Hot Pot Set

Hot Pot
Hot Pot

Other than that, the above dish is Hot Pot Set. It comes with the same side dishes. Needless to say, I guess you know why it is called Hot Pot. See the big TOMATO! Funny! This is more like a mini steamboat with the "fire" at the bottom as well. The Hot Pot is nice too.

Taiwanese Spicy Sauce
Taiwanese Spicy Sauce

Taiwanese Spicy Sauce
Taiwanese Spicy Sauce

They have their own sauce too, Taiwanese Spicy Sauce. I guess it is their in-house special sauce. It is quite spicy but it acts like a booster to the taste of the food, if you like spicy food. They serve a variety of dishes here, either in set or ala-carte. Do try them at Queensbay Mall, next to Sakae Sushi at Level 3.

Venue
Xian Ding Wei, Level 3, Central Zone, Queensbay Mall, Penang
(Next to Sakae Sushi)

Price
Fish with Tomato and Egg Sauce Set RM21.90
Hot Pot Set RM18.90
Government Tax 6%
Service Charges 10%

If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...