Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas is here today! Suppose that this post should come up yesterday but I was too busy doing other things. So it got delayed. But no worries, post can be delayed but not Christmas! I went around Penang on last weekend to snap a few pictures of Christmas decoration around Penang. I went to Gurney Plaza,  G Hotel, Gurney Paragon, Straits Quay and All Seasons Place. I planned to go to 1st Avenue and Prangin Mall too but due to heavy traffic jam, I went to Gurney Plaza. Compared to last year decoration, this year, the decoration is much better. I saw someone posted on the Facebook that 1st Avenue decoration this year is using pink color as the theme and Prangin Mall decoration is not bad too. But, I did not manage to snap any. If anyone did took any pictures, please share with me at the comment box below.

Gurney Plaza

Gurney Plaza
Gurney Plaza

Gurney Plaza is one of the shopping malls in Penang, situated along Gurney Drive. Every years, Gurney attracted a lot of youngsters and even elders to celebrate Christmas there. I saw a lot of people along Gurney Drive with a lot of police yesterday when I passed by. I heard from my friend that in the past, the youngsters will simply use the snow sprays to spray around including the passing cars, causing them hard to drive. But I guess, things got better recently because I guess more police are patrolling around the place.

Inside Gurney Plaza
Inside Gurney Plaza

Entrance of Gurney Plaza
Entrance of Gurney Plaza

G Hotel

G Hotel
G Hotel

Next, I walked to G Hotel as it located next to Gurney Plaza only. G Hotel is one of the most luxurious hotels in Penang. It is also known as Penang's Most Stylish Address. I guess G stands for Gurney. The "G" icon above is the hotel famous icon, located in front of the hotel. It will change according to festivals.

Inside G Hotel
Inside G Hotel

Charity
Charity

This year, G Hotel held an annual Christmas charity under the "Christmas tree". The orphans will write their wishes and hanged on the Christmas tree. Anyone can pick the wish cards and fulfill the wishes for the orphans. For details, click the picture above.

Gurney Paragon

Gurney Paragon
Gurney Paragon

Gurney Paragon is a new shopping mall in Penang. It is located next to G Hotel. The mall is still under construction, I mean partly. The F&B outlets are most operating now and it is a nice place to hangout. Definitely a good place for chit-chat or walk and shopping in future, I think Year 2013. It is a surprise in Penang, I think. Most of the F&B outlets here are first in Penang. Wait for more surprises from Gurney Paragon in Year 2013!

Gurney Paragon
Gurney Paragon

St. Jo
St. Jo

Water fountain
Water fountain

Water fountain
Water fountain

Straits Quay

Straits Quay
Straits Quay

Straits Quay is the Penang's First Seafront Retail Marina. I did posted a review about Straits Quay last year. Straits Quay is also another good place to hangout too because it has a lot of pubs and bars here as well as other F&B outlets serving different cuisines around the world. During weekends, it has Street Market where you can find a lot of the stuffs from clothes to food.





Books Christmas Tree
Books Christmas Tree



More pictures here.

All Seasons Place

All Seasons Place
All Seasons Place

All Seasons Place is the first and largest retail-commercial lifestyle 'Strip Mall' in Penang. It is newly-opened and is located at Thean Teik Highway at Bandar Baru Air Itam. This was my first time here too. I didn't explore much here because it was late and most of the shops are not operating yet. It is a place for you to be at all seasons throughout the years.





I managed to travel to these few places only this year. But yes, I didn't post out a lot pictures because I mainly wanted to share the Christmas "fever" in Penang in this post. Personally, I do not celebrate Christmas "officially" because I am a Buddhist. But, I enjoy and love to join in the fun of the celebration. In the past, I did enjoyed Christmas a lot because it is a public holiday here in Malaysia. In recent years, life changed and Christmas is no longer that great anymore. I don't know why but this year, I would consider it as a pretty good one for me. In the past, I hope I can receive a lot of presents during this day but I got none till now. But I think my wish for this year would be, I want to be a happy person again and I hope everyone around me can be health and happy with me. As long as I can laugh and smile every day, I think this is the best present for me! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

Details

Please the links below to go to respective websites or Facebook for latest updates.


If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hai..thanks for picture

soonph said...

No problem :)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...