Friday, February 11, 2011

My Ride

There is not much time when I travel with bus. I took bus from JB to KL for CNY. There is nothing much to say about the journey from JB to KL, except thanking my friend, Jun Kit for fetching me to Sri Putri. However, story is kinda exciting for my journey back to JB from KL. First of all, there is a big WOW when I arrived at Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS), the new bus terminal at KL. It is big and nice, just like an airport where you have check-in counters, departure hall and arrival hall. There are 11 gates in the departure halls. You have to wait for your bus at the right gate. Before that, you have to get your "boarding pass" before you can enter the departure hall as there are policemen checking your pass before you can enter, similar to airport custom except the x-ray machine.

Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)

Lobby

Departure Hall

Departure Gate

I can say it is nice and cool! It's just a bus terminal! Somehow you need a boarding pass to "board" your bus. Oh ya, you need your IC to check in.

Boarding Pass

Then, the journey from KL to Yong Peng (rest stop) is as usual. However, I saw something right in front of me during the journey from Yong Peng back to Larkin. I saw he she kissed her in the bus. I saw two girls kissing in the bus, dating and etc! Hahaha! And there is a Malay girl sitting behind them and her face was like (-_-)!!! 

When I arrived at Larkin, just because I don't want to get cheated since it was my first time in Larkin, I walked to the back to find taxi booth to get the taxi coupon. Somehow, I met a Chinese man. He offered a ride for RM40.00 from Larkin to UTM. I got on the taxi and he made a few phone calls. Then, he asked, you are not in hurry, right? I have to fetch my wife. I was like sweating! I can do nothing since I already paid and sat in the taxi. He drove to places I don't even know. He told me a lot of things including some cold jokes such as, "You from Sarawak Kuching? Is a place name Anjing? Since there is Kuching, why there is no anjing?" and "There is a place in Indonesia called Surabaya (Sudah bayar) and there is a place called Belum Bayar". I was like running out of breath! I was scared as he said left to me is the jail then suddenly the court. He even asked me whether I am familiar with the area and he took me to "makan angin" for free! WTH! In the end, he was fetching his wife who is working in Singapore. I arrived safely at room finally! Thanks!

A few reminders for those who take taxi:

1. Ask for price before getting into a taxi.
2. Jot down the taxi plate number and the taxi driver name (display in front of the dashboard)
3. Call your parents right in front of the taxi driver and make it like as if your parent is asking for the taxi plate number and tell them the number.
4. Be alert of your surrounding.
5. Tell your parents your estimated time of arrival to your destination and have them call you if you do not call back by that time.
6. If no one is answering, try make a police report with the taxi plate number and the taxi driver's name.

These are something I learned when you travel alone in a taxi! Be extra careful because you might not be lucky every time!


If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...