Wednesday, November 21, 2012

TGI Friday's, Queensbay Mall, Penang

Thanks God It's Friday (TGIF)! Opsss... no, today is Wednesday. Congratulation to Chaswood for its 50th store opening! They are having this promotion of 50% discounts on food (food only, not for drinks and alcoholic beverages) on 21 November 2012, Wednesday. Yes, ONE day ONLY! The promotion goes to food items under ALL Chaswood brands. 

Chaswood
Chaswood

The brands below are listed under Chaswood.


MALAYSIA
The Apartment
BACI Malaysia
Bulgogi Brothers Malaysia
Bedroom
Watami Malaysia
Italiannies (Check my review here)
Malones
Laundry
Republic Bar
TGI Friday's Malaysia

SINGAPORE
BACI Singapore
Malone's Singapore
TGIF Singapore

TGI Friday's
TGI Friday's

I went to TGIF At Queensbay Mall, Penang today for lunch. By the time I reached at 11.30AM, only 3-4 tables were seen occupied but by the time I sat down, customers started to walk in. I had Championship BBQ Chicken. It is quite nice actually. It comes with cheesy mashed potato which is one of the best mashed potatoes I ever had. It is served with this BBQ sauce.

Championship BBQ Chicken
Championship BBQ Chicken

Then, my friend had Tennessee Burger with crispy fries and slices of bacon. It is a beef burger. The meat is thick and juicy.

Tennessee Burger
Tennessee Burger

Thick juicy beef patty
Thick juicy beef patty

A meal is never complete without a nice dessert. Normally, a dessert is cold, but at TGIF, the dessert is hot, as if just coming out from the oven. I tried out the new dessert, Blondie Fudge Crunch. It is like Brownies with ice cream as topping. But for this one, the topping is a whipped cream but the cake is hot and has a crunchy top with caramel sauce.

Blondie Fudge Crunch
Blondie Fudge Crunch

I would say that the 50% discounts is really a huge offer. All the meals above costed us RM41.60 (after tax and 50% off). We had plain water though. I saw a few comments in the Facebook saying that the customers were disappointed and etc. And yes, I admit that the duration for the food serving is a bit longer with a little mess up in the order, where my order did come late than expected and I was one of the few first customers to come but I was one of the last to leave. However, as far as I know, no reservation is needed.

Overall I would say, nice food, nice environment but still hope to see improvements in the next promotion in terms of food ordering (do not mess up the order, first in first out) and the serving time.

Venue: 
TGI Friday's, Queensbay Mall, Penang (Ground Level North Zone)

Price:
Championship BBQ Chicken : RM14.95 (Original price RM29.90)
Tennessee Burger : RM13.95 (Original price RM27.90)
Blondie Fudge Crunch : RM6.95 (Original price RM13.90)
Government Tax : 6%
Service Tax : 10%


If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...