Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Water View Restaurant, Sadao, Thailand

And I blogged again...

For the past few weeks, it was really terrible for me, emotionally. So I decided to take a vacation a little North to Hat Yai, Thailand because they said Thailand is a Land of Smiles! Even the song mentioned it as well...


If you are curious how to go to Hat Yai by driving on your own, I will blog that (hopefully) in my next (or maybe next next post).

So back to this restaurant (Water View Restaurant) located somewhere near the border of Malaysia-Thailand. It is located in a town called Sadao in Songkhla Province. The restaurant is not really visible from the main road as you need to travel through some village roads before you reach the restaurant. 

The entrance of Water View Restaurant
 When you see these two big pandas, you know you have reached the restaurant. I am not sure why panda but Hat Yai seems to be famous with pandas where you can see them in most of the tourism sites (I will mention more in my next post).



 Some of you might be curious what is so special about this restaurant. Well, first of all, it is near the border of Malaysia and Thailand. So, you will expect lots of Malaysians there. Second, the dining places are built on top of water and they serve the food by boats! Yes, by boats!

The kitchen

The boat driver will place the food on the table and the waiter will serve the food accordingly.

See the table at the bottom right of this picture, that's the dining table but a bit hot during day time, so I guess it is for night time.

So the dining places are built of top of the water, like a hut or chalet.
Ok, enough with the environment and I guess you can explore more when you are there. Too much of a spoiler will reduce the urge of visiting it.

Fried of All Mushroom (if I remember correctly from the menu)

Local fried chicken with Thailand herbs

Steamed fish with lemon (quite spicy as they add in lots of chili) 
 If you see at the bottom of the steamed fish, it is actually charcoal used to heat up the fish than the conventional way of using "candle" in Malaysia. So, by the time you finish your food, the fish is actually still warm. The bad thing is the ashes from the charcoal flies all over the place when the wind comes.

Anyway, the price is a bit high because I guess because of lots of Malaysians visiting the place. The total damage for this meal including 2 coconuts, 2 plates of white rice and 2 bottles of waters is 890 bahts (about RM90). The interesting part is the waitress kinda of like "forced" me to give her tips. I wanted to give her 20 bahts (about RM2) but she insisted on the 50 bahts note (about RM5). What to do, another 50 bahts gone! And I guess you know why the name "Water View Restaurant" now.

Venue
Water View Restaurant, Sadao, Thailand

Price
Total: 890 bahts + 50 bahts = 940 bahts

Location
I am using Waze to go there, try to search for "Water View Restaurant Thailand" then look for the one in "Samnak Kham". If you view the location on the map, it is near the border of Malaysia and Thailand.

If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...