Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Goku Raku Ramen, Gurney Paragon, Penang

I am back! It's been a few weeks since I last updated my blog. Many things went on these few weeks; parents visiting me and some other personal stuffs. But, whenever I managed to go out to eat, I did snapped a few pictures but I find no time to update my blog until today. Ok, cut the talking but start with the real business. I think all of you realized that Japanese cuisines are getting hotter and hotter in town. This particular shop sells some particular Japanese cuisines, Ramen. I ate at this shop a few times and I think their ramen is very nice. Goku Raku Ramen, I don't know why it was named so. However, take note that it is a NON-HALAL restaurant. The special thing about this ramen is the soup.

Goku Raku Ramen
Goku Raku Ramen
I managed to ask the restaurant waiter that their soup is cooked with "pig bone" for a few hours. Recently, they came out with the soup cooked with "chicken bone". That's the reason their soup tastes so nice and thick.

Ultimate Tonkotsu Ramen (Shoyu)
Ultimate Tonkotsu Ramen (Shoyu)
The one above is cooked with "pig bone". I will tell you how to differentiate between "pig bone" and "chicken bone". The one I ate above is the "ultimate" version of the ramen and the flavour is shoyu, means soy sauce.

Ultimate Tokyo Ramen (Original)
Ultimate Tokyo Ramen (Original)
The one above is the one cooked with "chicken bone". That's how it looks for original flavour. The meat is the char siew pork. Both of them taste really nice. Now, eating ramen needs a few basic knowledge. 

For ordering, pick the ramen you want, ultimate or super char siew and etc from the menu, then choose your soup flavour and your topping. From the menu (I didnt manage to capture), those under Tonkotsu Ramen are cooked with "pig bone" and those under Tokyo Ramen are cooked with "chicken bone".

Before eating, do you see the piece of seaweed above? Remember, do not mix the seaweed with your soup as it will dissolve. Before eat, sip an amount of the soup first, to "rinse" your mouth so that taste will start to stay in your mouth, mix the ramen except the seaweed and FEAST LIKE A KING!

However, good things does not come cheap. Taste is good but a bit pricey. Try them out if you go to Gurney Paragon. Recently they are running some sort of lucky draw when you dine-in. You will need to pick a card, scratch it and if you are the lucky one, your meal on that day is FREE. The promotion is until 31 January 2013. By the way, LIKE their Facebook and you will get a free drink costs RM4.90. Show them that you LIKED their page from your mobile device. I am not sure when will the promotion lasts.

Venue
Goku Raku Ramen, Gurney Paragon, Penang
(Next to Meet Fresh)

Price
Ultimate Tonkotsu Ramen (Shoyu) RM22.90
Ultimate Tokyo Ramen (Original) RM21.90
Service Charge 10%
Government Tax 6%

Facebook

If you like my post and if you think it is interesting, please click the LIKE/SHARE button to share with your friends and family. After all, sharing is caring. Thanks :D
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...